She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. Prov. 31:18

Monday, March 1, 2010

Today was a good day. I took my mom to the oncologist to get results of her cat scan and was told that the cancer has not spread anywhere else and hopefully they can remove the tumor in her colon with laproscopic surgery. Relief! Another blessing.
So since I was so relieved I felt like going to one of my most favorite stores...Silver Quill Antiques...near my house. I go often and the owner Linda has been a big supporter and encourager of my creativity for a long time. She always has new things, not only antiques but artsy jewelry and art glass. It's always rearranged in new ways, and believe me there is A LOT of stuff in there. She has a doorway that is always decorated for the season with a desk next to it that has the neatest seasonal things displayed artfully on it. I told her today that she is a display artist! One time she had the most beautiful sheer curtains with little embroidered rosebuds tastefully arranged to hang around this doorway. I commented on them and she told me they were called VINTAGE and where she bought them. I went out and bought them for my living room! Art can be done in more ways than with a paintbrush or pen or paper. This lady has been rearranging her shop faithfully on a regular basis for 30+ years and it is a work of art every time. Not to mention her eye for unusual art pieces that she mixes up with the antiques. Yep! She is an artist too.
http://www.silverquillantiques.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment